Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring break!

Okay, so my brain is kind of freaking out right now. This is the last week of classes, and then next week is Spring Break, and then I leave for my internships. So I'm leaving Dakar to start all over again with a new host family in a new town for another six weeks, but my brain right now doesn't realize that, and can't figure out why, if I'm leaving Dakar, I'm not going home. I keep thinking about Minneapolis, more than I should be, more than I have been, and it's because my brain makes the leap from "leaving here" to "arriving there". And I don't want to leave my family here. Especially the last few days, we've been having such a good time, I really have been getting weepy and nostalgic about leaving them. And starting all over again.

So where will Johanna be?

I'll be leaving Saturday morning for St.Louis (Northern Senegal) for three days, then in a Bird Park for a few days, then in the desert for a day, 'cause I want to ride a camel. And see... more sand. I'll be with roughly ten other people too, so it's not like I'm going alone. And then home on Friday, the weekend's with my family, then Monday or Tuesday I'll be brought to Toubacouta for the next six weeks. And although it's fairly certain that I'll be able to get to a cyber cafe or a wireless signal at some point, I have no idea when or how often. So.

Dunno how often I'll be posting, in other words.

But yeah, that's the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment