Friday, May 7, 2010

Last Post In Senegal

Okay, guys. Now I know my last what, four posts were not only cop-outs, but were also very very long and probably not the greatest. Sorry bout that.

I'll make up for it when I'm in the states and have loads of time (hahahaha!) to sit and write, and I really will keep writing about the last few months probably for the next few months or so. But I can't write now because after our LAST class (re-orientation session, I think we're just gonna talk about how weird it's gonna be to go back to the States) I'm going to take my computer home, and then pack it, and then spend today (Friday) buying souvenirs at the Sandagas Market (bring it on. I can bargain in Wolof now!) and then I'm gonna go to one last Salsa party tonight, and then tomorrow I'm just spending the whole day hanging out with my family and packing, and then at 11pm on Saturday night I'm taking a taxi to the airport. From 11pm Saturday night to 2pm Sunday afternoon (US time. which means 7pm Dakar time) I'll be in airports and airplanes. That's 20 hours of transit time. WHEEEEEEE!


Sunday afternoon, then, I'll be a wreck. My family (my REAL family) is meeting me at the airport, etc. Monday morning I need to sign a sublease and figure out exactly what I'm doing next semester and sign up for classes since I can't from here (fun times). And then Monday afternoon I'm going to Madison. That's the plan.



So yeah. See you Stateside.

No comments:

Post a Comment