Monday, December 28, 2009

Pre-Departure Update

First of all, I'm typing this while on hold, trying to tell the bank not to worry if I come up with charges.... *sigh* oh, the challenges of trying to talk to an actual person.

Also? I got shot today. Five times. Immunizations. And got four prescriptions. wheeeeee! I can't lift my left arm. Dancing tonight should be FUN.

BUT most excitingly of all, I got my housing notification! Here's the email:

Famille Binta Dasylva Coulibaly: Liberté 3

It is a young couple. They have two children, Raïssa (1994) and Pascal
(2002) and both go to school. Maman Binta is a great cook, she is
making delicious donuts and fataya (be careful if you do not want to
put on weight). She sells them every evening at the entrance of the
house. Papa Anicet works at Cheikh Anta Diop University.






That's all they gave me. But I'm soooo exited! I was hoping to be in a house with small children-
hopefully that'll make it easier to learn the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment